Pages

Chapter 5: Opening

 It’s Monday again! I thought last week will never end. It’s the start of a new week and the start of a new beginning. I realized having a family by your side makes you feel a little full with everything you have, it’s a different feeling of joy and happiness, it’s like it’s my first time to be home.

Cathy and Anne decided to live with me in my apartment though they’ll have to share a room with each other. I have a regular size apartment with two bedrooms; one master ‘s and one regular room, I also have one toilet and one bathroom; they are separated so it’s not a big deal if one needs to go to the toilet while the other one is bathing. It is literally build to house a whole small family, like mine. I have to move though; my room was the master’s bed room before they came so I need to pack my bags and start moving on the regular size room. Though, I need to be quick in moving coz they might see some “boys stuff” in my room hidden somewhere so I just moved my things as quickly as possible. HEY! Don’t look at me like that! I have hormones too you know! I’m still in my teens and my hormones are annoyingly uncontrollable.

ANYWAYS

The traits of my mother can unbelievably be seen with my two older sisters. It’s just plain hilarious whenever I see one. Maybe it runs in the family but unfortunately it’s more prominent on the girl’s side of the family. Anne tried to cook breakfast today because she thought it will be wonderful to start the week with some household chores so we decided to let her do what she wants but ended up regretting it. Three burned eggs; I still can’t figure out if this is a scrambled egg or a sunny-side-up or both, seven severely toasted hotdogs and under cooked rice is enough to make her kitchen chores a history. Luckily Cathy saved our breakfast with a quick French toast and Anne’s soothing tea. If there’s one thing we can allow Anne to touch in our kitchen; it is the tea pot, she’s a genius when it comes to fixing teas.

“Ne,  Hiro. You’re in uniform already?” Anne asked as she bite the French toast Cathy just put on the table.

“Yup! I have a meeting with the sports committee today. How about you? Aren’t you coming with me?” I answered. Cathy is still making more toast at the moment so she’s not yet in the table. She’s trying to fix the kitchen that Anne had worked on.

“The clinic opens at 9:00. No need to go there early.” She answered.

Uhm.. there’s a sports fest in your school today Hero-chan?”  Cathy asked as she gave me a plate of her French toast.

Mmm.. but not today. Next month. We want to prepare early coz we want to concentrate with our team practices a week before the fest.”  I confirmed and took a bite of her toast. “Whooaaa!! Oishi! I can eat this all day!!” YES! It’s really that delicious, I’ve tasted a lot of French toast in my life but her’s is the best!

“EEEHHH? I’m glad you like it Hiro-chan. I can make you more if you want to bring some in school” She answered.

“Thank you Nee-chan!”

“EEHH?! What about my tea!!? DRINK SOME OF MY TEA YOU!” Anne insisted as she poured my some tea on my mug and shoves it to my face.

“Ahm… I.. erm..”

“What is it??” She asked as she continues to push the mug towards me.

“I quite don’t drink tea in the morning.. hehehehe” I shyly answered. In fact I don’t drink tea a lot; it’s only on a very occasional thing to me to drink tea. But I like tea though; they’re one of the refreshing and calming drinks on earth.

“NANNNIIIIII?!?!?!?!” Both of them exclaimed.

“Nani kore?! Are you really our brother?!” Cathy shouted like a harsh reality was opened up in front of her.

Tea. Why drinking tea does have something with our relationship really? I quite don’t understand.

“I know right Cathy! It is not quite normal, isn’t it?!” Anne added.

Tea. A tea can be a reason for your blood relationship be questioned. *Sigh*

“It’s not that I don’t drink tea.” I defended.

“THEN DRINK MINE!” Anne insisted with her piercing eyes. If not her smile, it’s her eyes that will get you do things she want you to do even if you don’t want to. It’s her power, I guess?

“Alright..” I took a sip and it seems like I’ve tasted sunshine. It’s so refreshing. So light. It’s like sunshine in liquid form.

“Well?”

“It’s sunny!” I unknowingly answered.

“ehh?”

“I mean.. It’s delicious! It’s like I tasted a drop of sunshine.” I corrected.

“Good! Good.. You’ll be swimming in that sunshine from now on.. hahahaha..” Anne said laughingly. Cathy responded with a quick giggle and proceeded in making more toast for us but I couldn’t stay long though. I’m on a rush.

“I’ll be going now” I said as I munch the last bite of my toast and drink up all the tea in my mug.

“Going already?!” Cathy replied.

“Ne. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast. See you after school Ne-chan!” I said as I run towards the door.

At School –

As I’m about to open the door of the P.E. department a girl shouted.

“MIYAGGGIIIIII!!!!” as she approaches me with heavy steps

“YOU FAIL!!” She continues to shout. I just look at her with a great question mark on my face and said “Huh?”

“You fail big time! You loose!” She keeps pointing out while waving her finger on me.

“Clearly, Chizu, I don’t understand you.” I sighed and continue in opening the door.

“You are my slave now Miyagi!!” She smirked and continues with a laugh.

“HA! You wish! The result for the exam hasn’t been out yet silly!” I proudly said.

“BAKA! It’s already been out! And I’m 5 points higher than YOU! Hahaha.. Second placer!” She taunted while laughing as if there’s no tomorrow. She’s really into laughing and because of that I really want to laugh at her. ^_^

She’s Chizune Mari from the other class; she’s my number one rival in school since I’ve arrived. It’s not like those deadly rivals like Cathy and Ibarai but more on friendly rivals. If it wasn’t for her and our silly bet games, I think school will be pretty much a boring place to be. Don’t get me wrong though, Ichiro is fun to be with but when it comes to academics Ichiro isn’t the guy you can have fun with. He reads the book and after reading it he already memorized every single word in that book. He’s brain is like a living photocopying machine!! It’s VERY unfair! Although Ichiro isn’t fond of studying really, he’s more on the sporty type.

Anyways, the one she’s been proud about is last week exams. Whoever got the lowest score from the both of us will be the slave of the highest until the next exam comes.

“Aisht! Chizu..” I’m about to say something when coach arrived.

“Yo! Miyaga-san” coach said. “It’s good you’re early. I have something to do for you. Follow me.” He then opens the P.E room door

“Ah.. Yes sensei.” I answered and looked back and stick my tounge out to Chizu. “BBEEEHHH”

“YOU!! I’ll cut your tounge out you!” She irritatedly answered.

And that’s it. That’s where our meeting that day ended. I continued with my work as one of the committee in the up and coming sports fest and I guess she continued to be a student that day too.

That evening in my appartment

RRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!

“uuhhhh~ what time is it?” I said to myself while stretching my hand to my side table to get my phone ringing.

BEEP!

“Mushi Mushi?”

“Hiro… *cough* GET YOUR ASS OF HERE!!!!” a girl from the phone shouted. It seems like she’s not really well put she’s shouting PLUS in the middle of the night.

“Why are you shouting?” I said in a sluggish way. “By the way, Who is this?” I continue as I burry myself on my pillow. I haven’t opened my eyes since I’ve answered the phone though; I just kept burying my face towards the pillow.

“MIYAGI HIRO!! YOU SLAVE!!!” the girl on the phone shouted.

“I figured.” I muttered.

“WHAT?!?” she said.

“Nothing. What do you want?” I said annoyingly as sit on my bed trying to wake myself up.

“Come over here.. *cough* I need you.” She said calmly.

“You seem sick. Sleep and get a rest. I’ll do whatever you want me to do tomorrow.” I replied and put my back on the wall beside the bed.

“Come over here. I - ” she said then I suddenly heard a loud noise from Chizu’s side like something dropped.

“Hello?? Chizu? Chizu, are you alright? Chizu?” I called. “Chizu? Chizune Mari?!”

Something bad happened to Chizu! That’s the first thing that comes out of my mind when Chizu didn’t answer back. I jump out of my bed and hurriedly run outside to get my bike and towards Chizu’s house. It’s quite far from the apartment building but it won’t be that far if I’m riding my bike in full speed though.

When I arrived at her house I found out that the gate is still open. She’s living alone there for quite sometime now since her parents died in a vehicular accident a few years back. Since then, she’s been caring for herself alone in their house. She seems well cope with it though.

“Chizu?” I called out from the outside. I tried to knock but no one is answering.

BAAAG! BAAAAG! BAAAAG!

I’m impatient especially in times of emergency. I know she’s in there but why she isn’t answering. I slam the door again. I don’t care what the neighbours think, there’s Chizu inside and she needs help.

BAAANNNGG!!

“MAN!! I hope Chizu will forgive me for this.” I said and prepared myself to kick the door open.

SSSSLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!

The door now is opened. I’m glad only the door knob got whacked though. I run inside and look for Chizu in the peach black darkness surrounding the whole house.

“Chizu? Are you here?” I said. And then I bumped into something on the floor.

“CHIZU?!?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment